- 1/2 pound marinated roasted peppers, recipe follows
- 1/4 pounds grilled eggplant
- 1/4 pound grilled zucchini
- 1/2 pound marinated mushrooms
- 1/2 pound assorted green and black olives
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marinated artichokes
- 3/4 pound marinated or plain bocconcini (small mozzarella balls)
- 1/2 pound soppressata (hard Italian sausage), thinly sliced
- Marinated Roasted Red Peppers:
- 3 large (about 2 pounds) red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Arrange all components decoratively on a large platter.Marinated Roasted Red Peppers:
Lay peppers on their sides on racks of gas burners and turn flames on moderately high. Roast, turning frequently with tongs, until skins are blackened, 5 to 8 minutes. (Or broil on rack of a broiler pan about 4 inches from heat, turning frequently, 15 to 20 minutes.)
Transfer to a bowl, then cover, and let steam 10 minutes. Alternatively, place peppers in resealable plastic bags to steam. Peel peppers and discard stems and seeds. Cut lengthwise into 1-inch-wide strips.
In a bowl, place cleaned peppers. Douse with balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper, to taste.
Cooks' note: Peppers can marinate, covered and chilled, up to 3 days.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe courtesy Food Network