- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, small dice
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup whole almonds toasted, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock, warm
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 scallions green parts only
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped plus leaves for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a medium saucepan add a 2 count of extra-virgin olive oil. Add the red onion, apricots and almonds and saute gently over low heat until translucent and slightly fragrant. Add the couscous then dump in the warm chicken broth. Stir with a fork to combine, add lemon zest and cover. Let sit for 10 minutes, then uncover and add the scallions, mint, and cilantro. Fluff again with a fork. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine.
Serve family-style on a large platter and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Recipe courtesy Tyler Florence
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay