Araya's Place Tom Yum Soup
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 slices unpeeled galangal, about 2 inches long
- 3 slices lemongrass, about 2 inches long
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons thin soy sauce
- 10 Thai chile peppers, pounded with the edge of a knife or cooking mallet to release the flavor
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 8 medium-size cubes tofu, optional (your favorite brand)
- Dash chopped cilantro
- Dash chopped green onions
In a medium saucepan, bring the vegetable broth to a boil. Once boiling, add the lime leaves, galangal and lemongrass and boil for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, thin soy sauce, Thai chiles, lime juice, tomatoes, onions and tofu, if desired, and boil for another 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and green onions.
Cook's Note: For extra spice, add more Thai chile peppers
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.