Chili-Lime Pork Tenderloin over Soft Polenta with Hungarian Wax Peppers and Corn
- 4 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chile powder
- 1 Hungarian Wax pepper, roughly chopped*
- 1 pork tenderloin, trimmed (about 10 ounces)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup fine cornmeal
- 1/4 cups chopped Hungarian Wax peppers (about 1 pepper)
- 1/4 cup crema Mexicana
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped Hungarian Wax peppers (about 2 to 3 peppers)
- Kernels from 4 ears of fresh corn
- 1/2 cup queso fresco
- *Cooks note: You will need about 5 to 6 Hungarian Wax peppers, or other spicy chile peppers, depending on the size of the peppers.
Stir together the lime juice, chile powder, and Hungarian pepper. Place the pork tenderloin in a shallow baking dish or resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over top. Coat the pork in the marinade. Marinate the pork for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
In a large saucepan, heat the chicken stock over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Slowly pour in the cornmeal, and whisk for 1 minute. Stir in the chopped pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring constantly until the mixture is thickened. Stir in the crema and the butter. Season with salt, and pepper, to taste. Set aside and keep warm.
Preheat a grill or grill pan over high heat.
Remove the pork from the marinade and let it come to room temperature.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute the onion and peppers until both are softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the corn and saute for 3 minutes. Crumble the queso fresco over top and gently stir it in. Saute for 1 more minute. Season with salt and pepper.
Season the pork with salt and pepper and grill over high heat for about 8 minutes on each side, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. Allow to rest before slicing.
To serve, in shallow bowls, divide the polenta among the bowls, top with a few slices of pork and top with the corn and pepper mixture.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.