1. Classic Macaroni Salad Cook 1 pound macaroni; drain and rinse. Mix 1/2 cup each sour cream and mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon each yellow mustard, cider vinegar and relish, and 1 teaspoon sugar. Toss with the pasta, 1 1/2 cups each diced ham and thawed frozen peas, and 1/2 chopped red onion. Top with dill.
2. Pimiento Macaroni Salad Cook 1 pound macaroni; drain and rinse. Toss with 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar, 3/4 cup mayonnaise, one 8-ounce jar pimientos (drained and chopped), 4 chopped scallions and 1/2 teaspoon cayenne; season with salt.
3. Grilled Vegetable–Pasta Salad Cook 1 pound fusilli; drain and rinse. Grill 1 pound tomatoes, 2 quartered bell peppers and 1 sliced zucchini over medium-high heat until tender and charred, 15 to 20 minutes. Pulse in a food processor with 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin until chopped. Toss with the pasta, and salt and pepper.
4. Broccoli-Cheddar Pasta Salad Cook 1 pound rotini, adding 4 cups broccoli to the water during the last 4 minutes; drain and rinse. Toss with 2/3 cup diced smoked cheddar, 1 pound diced tomatoes, 1 minced shallot, the juice of 1/2 lemon, and salt and pepper.
5. Cold Peanut Noodles Cook 1 pound Chinese egg noodles; drain and rinse. Whisk 1/2 cup peanut butter, 3 tablespoons each soy sauce, Sriracha and rice vinegar, and 1 tablespoon each sesame oil and grated peeled ginger. Toss with the noodles, 1 each chopped red bell pepper and cucumber, and 1/2 cup chopped cilantro; season with salt.
6. Soba Noodles with Edamame Cook 12 ounces soba noodles, adding 2 cups frozen shelled edamame to the water; drain and rinse. Puree 2 chopped carrots with 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 3 tablespoons each rice vinegar and chopped peeled ginger, and 2 teaspoons each sugar and minced shallot. Toss with the noodles and edamame; season with salt.
7. Spinach-Pesto Pasta Salad Cook 1 pound farfalline; drain and rinse. Puree 4 cups baby spinach, 2 cups each basil and parsley leaves, 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds and 3/4 cup olive oil. Toss with the pasta, the juice of 1 lemon and 1 cup grated parmesan; season with salt.
8. Caponata Pasta Salad Cook 1 cup ditalini; drain and rinse. Sauté 1 each diced eggplant, onion and fennel bulb, and 2 chopped garlic cloves in olive oil until tender; season with salt and pepper. Let cool. Toss with the pasta, 1 chopped tomato, 1 cup torn basil, 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, and salt and pepper.
9. Italian-Deli Pasta Salad Cook 1 pound penne; drain and rinse. Mix 1/3 cup mayonnaise and 3 tablespoons each olive oil and red wine vinegar. Toss with the pasta, one 16-ounce jar giardiniera (drained and chopped), 1 cup each diced provolone and salami, 1/4 cup each chopped parsley and basil, and salt and pepper.
10. Italian-Deli Bean Salad Make Italian-Deli Pasta Salad (No. 9), replacing the pasta with three 15-ounce cans cannellini beans (rinsed).