21. Curried Couscous Salad Combine 2 cups each couscous and simmering water, 1/2 cup each golden raisins and diced dried apricots, and 1 teaspoon each curry powder and kosher salt; cover and let sit 10 minutes. Let cool. Toss with 1 cup chopped parsley, 1/2 cup each chopped toasted pistachios and slivered almonds, 1/4 cup each mango chutney and olive oil, and the juice of 2 oranges.
22. Moroccan Couscous Salad Combine 1 1/2 cups couscous, 3/4 teaspoon each ground cumin, coriander, cinnamon and kosher salt, and 1 1/2 cups simmering water; cover and let sit 10 minutes. Let cool. Boil 1 pound sliced carrots, 4 minutes; drain. Toss with the couscous, one 15-ounce can chickpeas (rinsed), 1/4 cup each chopped green olives, cilantro and olive oil, the juice of 1 lemon, and salt and pepper.
23. Mushroom-Barley Salad Cook 2 cups pearl barley in 6 cups simmering water, covered, about 45 minutes; let cool. Toss with 8 ounces each quartered cherry tomatoes and sliced cremini mushrooms, 1/4 cup each chopped parsley and olive oil, 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper.
24. Farro–Brussels Sprout Salad Cook 2 cups farro in 8 cups simmering water, stirring occasionally, 40 minutes; drain and let cool. Toss with 4 cups shredded Brussels sprouts, 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts, 1/2 sliced red onion, 1/2 cup olive oil, the zest and juice of 1 lemon, and salt and pepper.
25. Grilled Vegetable–Bulgur Salad Cook 1 cup bulgur in 2 cups simmering water, covered, about 20 minutes; let cool. Toss 1 each sliced zucchini and bell pepper, and 1/2 each sliced eggplant and red onion with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill over medium heat, flipping, until tender, 8 minutes. Toss with the bulgur, 1/2 cup each chopped parsley and crumbled feta, 1/4 cup each red wine vinegar and olive oil, and salt and pepper.
26. Lentil Salad Cook 2 cups French lentils in 6 cups simmering water, about 25 minutes; let cool. Whisk 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1 grated garlic clove, 1 teaspoon ground cumin and 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander. Toss with the lentils, 1 diced red bell pepper, 1/2 diced red onion, 1/2 cup chopped parsley, and salt and pepper.
27. Mediterranean Chickpea Salad Toss two 15-ounce cans chickpeas (rinsed) with 2 diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup each crumbled feta and chopped kalamata olives, 1/4 cup each chopped parsley and mint, 6 tablespoons olive oil, 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, and salt and pepper.
28. Spanish Cauliflower Salad Toss 2 heads chopped cauliflower with olive oil, salt and 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika; roast at 425 degrees F, 20 minutes. Let cool. Toss with one 15-ounce can chickpeas (rinsed), 1/2 cup each chopped parsley and piquillo peppers, and 2 tablespoons each sherry vinegar and olive oil; season with salt.
29. Sesame-Broccoli Salad Steam 2 heads chopped broccoli florets until tender, 5 minutes. Toss with 2 tablespoons each soy sauce, sesame oil and sesame seeds, and1 sliced red jalapeño; season with salt.
30. Kale-Plum Salad Whisk 1/3 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon each dijon mustard and honey. Toss with 2 bunches chopped kale, 1 pound sliced plums, 1 cup chopped pecans, 1/2 sliced red onion, 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese, and salt and pepper.