Asian Marinated Skirt Steak
- 1 bottle Japanese beer, such as Sapporo
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup hoisin
- 1/4 cup mirin (Japanese sweet wine)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 flank steaks (about 4 pounds total)
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
Place the steaks in a large baking dish and pour the marinade over top. Marinate at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight in the fridge.
Preheat a grill pan or grill over high heat.
Remove the steaks from the marinade, shaking off any excess. Discard the marinade. Grill the steaks for about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Slice into thin slices across the grain and transfer to a serving plate. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and serve.
This recipe was created by a contestant during a cooking competition. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use, therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Lou Diamond Philips
Recipe courtesy of Serena Palumbo
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen