Asian Marinated Skirt Steak
- 1 bottle Japanese beer, such as Sapporo
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup hoisin
- 1/4 cup mirin (Japanese sweet wine)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 flank steaks (about 4 pounds total)
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
Place the steaks in a large baking dish and pour the marinade over top. Marinate at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight in the fridge.
Preheat a grill pan or grill over high heat.
Remove the steaks from the marinade, shaking off any excess. Discard the marinade. Grill the steaks for about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Slice into thin slices across the grain and transfer to a serving plate. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and serve.
This recipe was created by a contestant during a cooking competition. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use, therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Lou Diamond Philips