- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mirin rice wine
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Begin by peeling and dicing sweet potatoes. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the potatoes, reduce heat and cook until just tender but still have a little bite. Drain and place in a bowl to cool.
Combine the dressing ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Once potatoes are cool toss with dressing and set aside on salad platter.
- 4 cups lightly packed Israeli arugula
- 1/2 hothouse cucumber, finely sliced
- 1 cup fresh picked cilantro leaves
- 1 cup dates, pitted and cut in 1/2
- 2 cups crispy wonton strips
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Olive oil
- Splash soy sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine ingredients in a large mixing bowl and dress with lemon juice, olive oil, to taste, a splash of soy sauce, and a little salt and pepper. Toss well and place on top of the sweet potatoes to serve as a complete salad.
Per Serving (based on 4 servings): Calories: 331; Total Fat 23 grams; Saturated Fat: 3 grams; Protein: 2 grams; Total carbohydrates: 28 grams; Sugar: 6 grams Fiber: 4 grams; Cholesterol: 10 milligrams; Sodium: 540 milligrams