Avocado Corn Gazpacho
- 1 zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1 yellow squash, coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 serrano chile, seeds removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 1/2 cups blanched corn
- 1/2 cup finely diced tomato
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 5 to 5 1/2 cups ice cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Put the zucchini, yellow onion, bell pepper, onion, serrano and garlic in bowl of food processor and pulse briefly. The pieces should be small but not minced or soupy. Transfer the vegetable mixture to a large bowl. Halve and pit the avocados. Put 1/2 an avocado in the food processor and pulse to puree. Dice the remaining 1 1/2 avocados. To the bowl of vegetables, add the avocado puree, diced avocado, fresh corn, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, cold water, and salt and pepper. Mix gently with a large spoon. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ice cold. Ladle into soup bowls and serve.
Cook's Note: It's a meal with some tortilla chips and a light green salad.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.