- 1 1/4 cups fresh grated Parmesan
Macaroni and Cheese:
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 sprig fresh thyme leaves
- 3 sprig fresh dill
- 1 sprig fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 allspice berry
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Vermont sharp Cheddar
- 1/4 cup shredded Cotswold
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup cooked macaroni
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
To make the Parmesan Cups: Put a small nonstick pan on stove over medium heat. Lay tart molds upside down on flat surface. Place 1 tablespoon of cheese in a small pile about the size of a quarter in the pan. Cook until cheese melts and starts to bubble. Flip the cheese and continue cooking until golden brown. Drape cheese over tart mold and press down with another tart mold to form cup shape. Let cool. Remove from molds and trim off excess cheese after cheese has cooled.
To make Macaroni and Cheese: Put the onion, herbs, garlic and cream in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until cream is reduced by half. Strain and put cream back in pan on low heat. Whisk in the cheese. Add cooked macaroni to cheese mixture. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
To assemble: Spoon mixture into each Parmesan cup and garnish with chopped parsley.