- 4 medium Rome or Braeburn apples
- 1 can diet black cherry soda
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, plus more, for optional topping
- 2 tablespoons fat-free whipped topping (from an aerosol can)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Core apples. Place them in a casserole dish. Pour the entire can of soda over the apples.
Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over the apples. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until the apples are tender.
Top with whipped topping. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon, if you like. Enjoy!
PER SERVING (1 apple): 104 calories, <0.5g fat, 10mg sodium, 27g carbs, 4g fiber, 21g sugars, 0.5g protein