Black Pepper Crusted Filet Mignon with Goat Cheese and Roasted Red Pepper-Ancho Salsa
- Roasted Red Pepper and Ancho Salsa:
- 2 ancho chiles
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 grilled red bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Black Pepper Crusted Filet Mignon with Goat Cheese:
- 4 filet mignon, 8 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese, cut into 4 slices
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
DirectionsRoasted Red Pepper and Ancho Salsa:
Place the ancho chiles in a medium bowl, cover with boiling water and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
Pour the mixture into a medium bowl and stir in the bell pepper strips, vinegar, cilantro, salt and pepper. Cover and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours before serving.
Black Pepper Crusted Filet Mignon with Goat Cheese:
Heat your grill to high.
Brush the filets with the oil and season both sides of each filet with the salt and 1 side of each filet with the black pepper. Place the steaks on the grill, pepper side down and grill until lightly charred and crusty, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the steaks over, and grill for 2 to 3 minutes longer for medium-rare.
Turn the steaks, once more so that the pepper side is facing up and top each filet with a slice of the cheese. Close the cover and grill until the cheese begins to melt slightly, about 1 minute.
Remove the steaks from the grill, let rest for 5 minutes. Top each filet with the roasted red pepper-ancho salsa. Garnish with cilantro leaves, before serving.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Black Pepper-Crusted Burgers with Mustard Sauce, Pepper Crusted Tenderloin with Mushroom Cream and Roast Asparagus, Filet Mignon Goat Cheese and Pancetta, Beef Bourguignon Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Grilled Vegetable Recipes, Leg of Lamb Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.