Chocolate Caramel Hazelnut Ice Coffee
- 2 cups hot espresso
- 1/4 cup simple syrup (equal amounts sugar and water heated until sugar dissolves)
- 1/4 cup melted bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons caramel syrup
- 1/4 cup hazelnut-flavored liqueur (recommended: Frangelico)
- Ice cubes
- Whipped cream, for serving
Stir together the espresso, simple syrup, melted chocolate, caramel syrup and hazelnut liqueur in a heat-proof pitcher. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Fill tall glasses with ice and fill 3/4 of the glass with coffee mixture and top off with whipped cream.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay, 2007