Grilled Corn Sheets with Scallion Vinaigrette
- 8 ears corn, silks removed, husks left on, soaked in cold, salted water for 5 minutes
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 heaping tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallion, green and pale green part
DirectionsFor the grill corn:
Heat the grill to high. Remove the corn from the water and shake off the excess water.
Put the corn on the grill, close the cover, and grill, turning every 5 minutes, until the kernels are tender when pieced with a paring knife, about 15 to 20 minutes.
While the corn is cooking, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, honey, chives and salt and pepper, to taste, in a medium bowl until combined. Slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified. Stir in the scallions and set aside.
Stand the corn upright on its stalk end and carefully cut down the sides of the cob with a sharp chef's knife, trying to keep the corn in sheets. Carefully transfer the corn to a platter and drizzle with the vinaigrette.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay