Grilled Soft Shell Crab Sandwich with Red Slaw and Yellow Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/2 small head white cabbage, finely chopped
- Grilled Soft Shell Crabs:
- 4 large or 8 small soft shell crabs, cleaned
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For Assembly:
- 4 soft buns, buttered if desired, and grilled
- 2 yellow tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
For the slaw: Whisk together the ketchup, red wine vinegar, celery salt, kosher salt, black pepper and cayenne in a large bowl. Add the cabbage and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours before serving. Taste for seasoning just before serving.
For the crabs: Heat a charcoal or gas grill to high heat direct grilling. Brush both sides of the crabs with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until the crabs are just firm to the touch, 2 to 4 minutes per side, depending on the size.
For assembly: Place 1 large or 2 small crabs on the grilled buns, top with a large spoonful of coleslaw and 2 slices of tomatoes. Serve immediately.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Soft-Shell Crabs with Watercress, Avocado, and Mango Salad with Grapefruit Vinaigrette, Soft Shell Crabs with Corn Relish, Field Greens and Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, Mary's Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Pepper Jack, Mango and Watercress, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Grilled Vegetable Recipes, Tomato Salad Recipes, Baked Chicken Recipes, Salisbury Steak Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.