- 2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise into thin strips
- Canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus leaves for garnish
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Wedge Pecorino Romano, for shaving
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Fresh mint leaves, torn
Heat the grill to high heat. Brush the zucchini on both sides with canola oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill for just about 1 minute per side (until slightly charred and wilted), then remove them to a platter.
Whisk together the Dijon mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, honey, to taste, and salt and pepper, to taste, and parsley in a small bowl. Slowly, whisk in the olive oil until emulsified.
Drizzle the vinaigrette over the zucchini and let it marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature. Top with shaved cheese, pine nuts, parsley and mint leaves.