Guacamole With Cumin-Dusted Tortilla Chips
- For the chips:
- Peanut oil, for deep-frying
- 12 6 -inch flour and/or blue corn tortillas, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- For the guacamole:
- 4 ripe Hass avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- Juice of 2 limes (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Make the chips: Heat 2 inches peanut oil to 360 degrees F in a high-sided skillet. Fry the tortillas in batches until golden brown and crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels and season immediately with cumin and salt.
Make the guacamole: Combine the avocados, red onion, jalapeno, lime juice and cilantro in a bowl and gently mix to a chunky consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with the cumin tortilla chips.
Photograph by Kat Teutsch
Thank you! your flag was submitted.