Louisiana Burgers 2
- Spicy "Remoulade" Mayonnaise:
- 1/2 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, or more if desired
- 5 cornichons, diced
- 1 green onion (white and pale green parts), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck, 80/20 mix
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, plus more for brushing
- 8 paper thin slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 buns, split
- 8 slices thinly sliced tasso ham
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Potato chips
For the mayonnaise: To a bowl, add the mayonnaise, mustards, hot sauce, cornichons, green onions, parsley salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the burgers:Stir together the paprika, salt, pepper, thyme, cayenne, garlic powder onion powder in a small bowl.
Mold the meat into patties. Brush with oil sprinkle both sides with salt. Sprinkle 1 side of each patty with the spice mixture, making sure to rub the spices into the meat, and then drizzle with oil before grilling.
Preheat a griddle pan to medium.
Add the canola to the pan just prior to cooking. Place the burgers on the pan and cook until slightly charred and the spices have formed a crust, about 1 1/2 minutes (be careful not to burn the spices). Flip the burger over, lower the heat to medium and continue cooking to desired doneness.Top each burger with 2 slices of cheese during the last 30 seconds of cooking, until the cheese is melted.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri