Portobellos Stuffed with Crab Meat: Funghi Portobello Farci con Carne di Granchi
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over for cartilage
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 12 saltine crackers
- 1 teaspoon crab boil seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, destemmed
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Sprinkle paprika
- Lemon slices, sliced tomatoes, or sliced cucumbers, for garnish
Place crab mixture equally on top of each portobello mushroom. Top each center of the stuffing with a 1/4 teaspoon of butter. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Preheat over to 380 degrees F. Bake for 15 minutes, then place under the broiler for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve with your favorite garnish, perhaps sliced lemon, tomato or cucumber.
Recipe courtesy Da Mimmo Restaurant