Roasted Red Potatoes
- 6 to 8 new potatoes, cut in half or quartered, depending on size
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and turned into a paste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Toss the potatoes with the canola oil, garlic paste and salt and pepper to taste. Place on a sheet tray and roast until cooked through and golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and immediately fold in the herbs. Re-season if needed and drizzle with olive oil to finish.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay