Roasted Vegetable Meatloaf with Balsamic Glaze
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large zucchini, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 yellow pepper, finely diced
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground veal
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Romano
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup, divided
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Heat the oil in a large saute pan over high heat. Add the zucchini, peppers, onion and salt and pepper, to taste, and cook until almost soft, 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and 1/4 teaspoon the red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds. Set aside to cool.
Whisk together the eggs and herbs in a large bowl. Add the meat, bread crumbs, cheese, 1/2 cup of the ketchup and 2 tablespoons of the balsamic vinegar and the vegetables and mix until just combined. Mold the meatloaf on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Whisk together the remaining ketchup and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl then brush the mixture over the entire loaf. Bake the meatloaf for approximately 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Remove from the oven and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.