Spicy Hummus with Grilled Pita
- 3 cups chickpeas, cooked or canned, drained and rinsed
- 6 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon chipotle puree
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 pita bread
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeds removed, cut into eighths
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed, cut into eighths
- 1 purple pepper, seeds removed, cut into eighths
Place chickpeas, garlic, chipotle, lemon juice and tahini in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Brush the pita with olive oil on both sides. Grill until golden brown. Cut into eighths. Serve hummus with pitas and peppers.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.