- 1/2 cup peanut oil, plus 1/2 cup
- 3 pounds venison shoulder, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cups diced red onion
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 jalapenos, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried Mexican oregano
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground cayenne
- 2 tablespoons ground chipotle
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups veal stock
- 1 bottle beer
- 1 small can chioptles, pureed
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 (16-ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes
- Grated manchego, for garnish
- Chopped pickled jalapeno, for garnish
Add 1/2 cup of oil in a large saucepan and heat. Add the venison and brown, in batches, and set aside. Add pepper, onion, celery, jalapeno, and garlic and saute over a low heat until they are tender.
Add the remaining oil, all of the dry spices and the venison and stir, completely incorporating the ingredients. Add the stock, beer, beans, tomatoes, and chipotle puree.
Cover and simmer for 2 to 3 hours or until venison is fork tender. Check for seasoning and serve. Serve with grated manchego and pickled jalapeno.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.