- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (8-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, diced, reserve 4 (3-inch) strips
- 4 whole-wheat English muffins, toasted
- 1/4 cup jarred tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded white Cheddar
- 2 links breakfast sausage, sliced into 1/2 thick slices
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Heat a large saute pan over medium low heat.
In a medium bowl beat eggs with fork. Add milk, salt and pepper and mix until blended.
Add butter to pan, once all the butter has melted add the eggs. Using a rubber spatula continuously stir the eggs as they cook. Add chopped peppers just before the eggs start to set. Cook until fluffy and creamy in consistency.
Place the English muffins onto a sheet pan. Spread a tablespoon of the tomato sauce onto each toasted English muffin. Evenly distribute the scrambled eggs over the English muffins. Top each with 2 tablespoons of shredded cheddar. Make a smiley face on each pizza using the sliced sausage as eyes and a nose and red pepper strip as a smile.
Bake in oven for about 4 minutes or until cheese is melted.