- 1/2 pound salted butter
- 3 cups (2 large) finely diced sweet onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar bbq sauce (recommended: Sapp Southern Soul Barbeque North Carolina)
- 1/2 cup brown sweet bbq sauce (recommended: Sapp Southern Soul Barbeque Georgia)
- 1 pound smoked pulled pork
- 1/2 pound smoked pulled chicken
- 1/2 pound smoked pulled turkey
- 1 pound smoked chopped beef brisket
- 1 ((number 10) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 quart drained yellow corn kernels
- 1 quart drained baby lima beans
- 1 quart or more quality chicken stock or broth
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the diced onions and the garlic and saute until the onions are translucent, about 15 minutes. Stir in the cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes then add 1/2 cup of vinegar sauce and 1/2 cup of bbq sauce. Stir in the pulled pork, chicken, turkey, and brisket. Add the crushed tomatoes and all of the vegetables. Stir in the chicken stock and let simmer for a couple hours over medium heat. Transfer the stew to a serving bowl and serve with warm buttermilk cornbread, if desired.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.