Cajun Grilled Shrimp and Grits
- 1 cup old fashioned grits
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules or freshly minced
- Grilled Shrimp:
- 2 ounces chili powder
- Pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 ounces seafood seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- 1 -ounce freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces garlic powder
- 2 ounces onion powder
- 1 -ounce ginger
- 1 -ounce butter or olive oil
- 2 pounds raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Grits: Boil 2 cups of water in medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Add the remaining ingredients in consecutive order while stirring slowly. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat. Slowly stir in the grits. Allow to simmer, stirring every 5 minutes until reaching the desired consistency, about 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer the grits to a serving bowl and keep warm.
Shrimp: Mix all of the dry ingredients thoroughly in bowl until well blended. Melt the butter or olive oil in a large grill pan over high heat. Generously coat the shrimp in the seasoning mixture. Add them to the grill pan and cook until caramelized on both sides. Remove them from the pan to a serving bowl and serve with the grits.
Suggestion: Adding cheese and/or gravy with fried onions, to taste, will elevate the dish considerably.
Memphis Barbecue Tour(00:03:09)
Barbecue Brisket Burnt Ends(03:52)
BBQ Pork with Carolina Sauce(00:03:04)
Save-On BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger(00:03:15)
Cajun Grilled Shrimp and Grits(00:02:45)
Island Pulled Pork & BBQ Sauce(00:03:48)
More Recipes and Ideas:
Cajun Snapper and Shrimp over Bacon Cheddar Cheese Grits with Red Pepper Coulis, Cajun Snapper and Shrimp over Bacon Cheddar Cheese Grits with Red Pepper Coulis, Mexican Shrimp and Grits, Grits, Easy Shrimp, Grilled Shrimp Recipes, Shrimp Scampi Recipes, Spicy Shrimp Recipes, Shrimp Creole Recipes