- 4 pounds yams (or sweet potatoes), peeled and cut to large bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups orange juice
- 3 cups light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Boil yams until slightly underdone, to avoid breaking. Strain, cool and set aside.
In a large container whisk together orange juice, corn syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and zest. In another bowl, whisk flour and both sugars together.
Put cooled yams in a deep baking dish, add dry ingredients and stir to coat. Pour liquid over yams and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.