- 5 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into large cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced Scotch bonnet chile
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a bowl, combine the chicken, garlic, thyme, onion, ginger, and chile. Let marinate for 1 hour.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 4 minutes. Add the reserved marinade and cook for 1 minute more. Add the coconut milk, cream, and cilantro and lower the heat. Simmer for 6 to 8 minutes.
Recipe courtesy Mechel Thompson, Maroons, NYC