Chicken Spring Rolls
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 2 ounces bean thread noodles, blanched and chopped
- 8 ounces shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1 package spring roll wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- Vegetable oil, for frying
Heat oil in a skillet or wok over high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, cabbage, carrot, and bean sprouts. Cook for 2 minutes or until the cabbage is just limp. Add the noodles and chicken; continue to cook until heated through. Stir in the hoisin and oyster sauces, toss to coat the mixture. The filling should be moist but not wet. Remove from heat, and allow to cool. Toss in the chopped coriander.
Lay a spring roll wrapper on a flat surface on an angle so it looks like a diamond. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the filling near the bottom corner of the wrapper and fold up to enclose the filling. Fold in the 2 sides. Paint the top seam of the wrapper with beaten egg. Continue rolling up to form a tight cylinder.
Pour about 1-inch of oil in a skillet and heat to 350 degrees F. Fry the spring rolls for 2 minutes, turning to cook all sides. Drain on paper towels before serving.
2000 Television Food Network, G.P. All Rights Reserved