- 1 lb. Johnsonville® Italian Ground Mild, Sweet or Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (14.5 oz. each) diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions
- 2 cans (16 oz. each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) beef broth
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
In a large saucepan, cook sausage and ground beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
Add the onion, celery and garlic. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until tender.
Stir in the tomatoes, beans, broth, tomato paste, brown sugar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, cumin and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Sprinkle with cheese if you like and serve immediately.