Clam Box Fish Chow-Da
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 1/2 pounds waxy-style potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground white pepper
- Water, as needed
- 5 pounds boneless, skinless cod fillets
- 6 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups whole milk, plus more as needed
- Oyster crackers, as needed
Heat the butter in a large soup pot over medium heat, add onions and cook, stirring, until translucent. Add the potatoes, salt, and pepper and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the cod and enough water to cover. Simmer for 5 minutes more. Let the chowder cool. Stir in the half-and-half and milk (add more milk if necessary). Refrigerate the chowder, covered, overnight.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.