Coconut Sour-Cherry Granola
- 2 3/4 cups organic rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup unsalted pistachios
- 1/3 cup unsalted pepitas (hulled green pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (or 1 1/2 teaspoons fine salt)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup dried sour cherries
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Toss the oats, coconut, pistachios, pepitas and salt in a large bowl. Warm the brown sugar, maple syrup and olive oil in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Fold the sugar mixture into the oat mixture to evenly coat.
Spread the granola on the prepared baking sheets and bake, stirring often, until dry and lightly golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss with the dried sour cherries. Let cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month.
Photograph by Charles Masters
Recipe adapted from Eleven Madison Park for Food Network Magazine
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse