Colorful Rice - Semi-Homemaker Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken stock or broth
- 1 (6-ounce) package wild rice
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic or crushed garlic from jar
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package sliced white mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 orange, zested
In a large sauce pot bring the chicken stock to a boil over medium heat. Add rice, cover, turn the heat down to low and cook for 20 minutes or until rice has absorbed all the liquid and is tender.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray with olive oil cooking spray. Add the garlic, onions, celery and mushrooms and saute until tender about 5 to 7 minutes.
Recipe courtesy Maxine Wiggs