- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 8 ounces diced onions
- 2 pounds sliced cooked red potatoes
- 2 ounces roasted garlic, mashed
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 pounds thinly sliced corned beef
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Neutral oil, for frying
- Fried or poached eggs, for serving
Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the oil. Saute the green, red and yellow bell peppers until tender and transfer to a large bowl. Saute the onions until translucent and add to the bowl. Add the potatoes, garlic, nutmeg, salt and pepper and set aside to cool. Add the corned beef and green onions and mix well.
For each serving, heat 1 teaspoon oil in a 6-inch nonstick pan. Add about 1 cup of the hash mixture and cook until brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until browned, another 5 minutes. Serve with two fried or poached eggs on top.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.