- 2 slices bacon, sliced in 1-inch strips
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 russet potato, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 3 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie cooked chicken
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
In a large saucepot over medium heat cook bacon until crispy and all fat has rendered out. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon fat, add onion, jalapeno, potato, red pepper, corn, salt and pepper and saute for about 5 minutes. Add thyme.
In a blender, puree half the mixture and add back to the pan. Add milk, chicken broth, and chicken and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
Transfer to serving bowls. Garnish each bowl with cooked bacon, fresh cilantro and a lime wedge.