- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup curry powder
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds goat meat, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 4 bay leaves
- Rice or rice and peas, for serving
For the curry: Remove the goat from the marinade. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the goat. Turn the heat to medium and sear the goat until brown, about 15 minutes. Add the coconut milk and 4 cups water. Cover and cook, about 2 hours.
Add the onions, bell peppers, carrots, green onions and bay leaves and simmer, about 1 hour.
Serve with rice or rice and peas.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Cassie Simmonds, Jawaiian Irie Jerk Restaurant