Technicolored Romaine Salad Cups with Lemon Pecorino Dressing
- For the salad cups:
- 3 romaine hearts
- 1 pint baby tomatoes, halved
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 orange pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon or 2 small lemons)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 25 grinds black pepper
- Few pinches salt
Cut off the brown and white tips of the romaine hearts then peel away the outer leaves; use just the ones that look like they'd make good serving cups. Chop up the remaining lettuce and set out in serving bowls along with all the other salad ingredients.
Make the dressing by combing all ingredients in a sealable container and shaking. The kids can do that.
Let kids decide what they want in their salad cups and how much dressing they'd like.
Recipe courtesy Dave Lieberman