Fish with Tomatoes, Olives and Capers
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 (5-ounce) sea bass fillets (or other white fish)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup canned low-sodium diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper, optional
- 2 cups packed fresh baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
In a large nonstick skillet heat 2 teaspoons of oil over a medium-high heat. Add fish and cook until opaque in the center, about 2 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer the fish to a platter and tent with foil to keep the fish warm.
Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in the same skillet; add onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, olives and capers and crushed red pepper, if using, and cook for 3 minutes more. Stir in the spinach and cook until it is wilted, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce over the fish and serve.
Copyright 2006, Ellie Krieger All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Daphne Brogdon