- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup smooth unsalted almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour (or 1/2 cup each all-purpose and whole-wheat flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mist 2 baking sheets with cooking spray. Beat the butter, canola oil, honey, egg, almond butter and vanilla extract in a large bowl with a mixer until combined.
In another bowl, whisk the dry milk, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the oats and raisins.
Scoop tablespoonfuls of batter about 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake until golden, about 12 minutes. Let the cookies cool 2 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Store in a loosely covered container for up to 3 days.
Per cookie: Calories 100; Fat 5 g (Saturated 1 g); Cholesterol 10 mg; Sodium 45 mg; Carbohydrate 13 g; Fiber 1 g; Protein 2 g
- Photograph by Andrew Mccaul