Peach French Toast Bake
- Cooking spray
- 1 large whole-wheat baguette (about 8 ounces)
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups sliced peaches, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 lemon, juiced about 1 1/2 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Spray a 9 by 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Slice the baguette into 1/2-inch slices and arrange the slices in a single layer in the baking pan. Whisk together the eggs, egg whites, milk and vanilla. Pour the egg mixture over the bread in the pan. In a medium bowl, toss peaches with the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the brown sugar. Scatter the peach slices evenly on top of the bread. Combine the remaining brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Uncover and bake for 40 minutes.
2005, Ellie Krieger, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay