Pear Ginger Crumble
- 1/4 cup oat flour or whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 pounds firm but ripe pears, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream or frozen vanilla yogurt, optional
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
For the topping: Combine the ingredients in a medium bowl and work together with a fork or with your fingertips until the ingredients are moistened.
For the filling: Combine the pears slices, lemon juice, and ginger in a large bowl. Add the sugar and flour and toss to blend.
Spray an 8 by 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Transfer the pear mixture to the dish. Sprinkle the topping over the pears. Bake crumble until the pears are tender and the topping is golden brown, about 40 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature, with a scoop of ice cream, if desired.