Shrimp Scampi with Artichokes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced (about 4 teaspoons)
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp (about 20), peeled and deveined
- 1 (11-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, or 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained, and quartered
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and shallots and cook, stirring until softened but not browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Add shrimp, artichoke hearts, wine, and lemon juice and cook until the shrimp are cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the parsley, salt and pepper. Divide among 4 plates, garnish with additional parsley, and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.