Spicy Cereal Mix
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- 3 cups rice cereal squares 1 cup cornflakes
- 2/3 cup whole-grain pita chips, broken into small pieces
- 1/2 cup unsalted pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk the olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic powder, cumin, onion powder, cayenne and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl.
Combine the rice cereal squares, cornflakes, pita chips and pepitas in a bowl. Toss with the spice mixture and spread on a baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 40 minutes.
Per serving (1/3 cup): Calories 100; Fat 5 g (Saturated 1 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 220 mg; Carbohydrate 13 g; Fiber 2 g; Protein 3 g
Photograph by Jonathan Kantor
Thank you! your flag was submitted.