- 7 ounces "Honey Graham Crackers"
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces whole pitted dry dates (recommended: Sunsweet)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Whipped Cream Topping:
- 4 to 5 dates, sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup roasted chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Process graham crackers in food processor until fine crumbs. Put in bowl and mix in chopped pecans, butter and salt. Pat into 9-inch pie pan. Pre-bake crust on bottom third rack of oven for 12 minutes
Date layer preparation:
Add dates and process again until chunky.
Cream Layer preparation:
Mix sour cream, sugar and vanilla until well incorporated.
Spread Date mixture evenly over pre-baked crust. Spread cream layer evenly over date mixture. Bake in middle of oven for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F until filling jiggles only slightly in the middle. Cool immediately in refrigerator or on dry ice at least 40 minutes until filling has cooled down and set.
Whipped Cream preparation:
Whip cream, vanilla and sugar until semi-firm peaks form.
Spread a 1/4-inch layer of whipped cream over top of pie. Slice dates and roll in sugar. Garnish pie with sliced dates, chopped roasted pecans, and pipe remaining whipped cream decoratively.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.