- 3 quarts water
- 1 pound shrimp shells
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup chive oil, recipe follows
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons crushed red peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 6 cloves garlic
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 pound chives, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Kentucky tomme cheese
- 1/2 pint sweet 100 tomatoes
For the stock:
Fill a large stockpot with 3 quarts of water and boil on high, adding all of your ingredients. Once it is boiling, continue to boil on medium high and add your white wine. Once your stock has melded flavors and is successfully permeated, it is ready, approximately 25 to 30 minutes. You can cook it longer for more distinct flavor.
Once your stock is ready transfer through a fine meshed sieve. Use about 4 cups for the soup. Add 1 cup of heavy cream and some crushed red pepper flakes. Simmer gently for about 10 minutes and add salt and pepper, to taste.
- 1 cup oil
- 1/3 pound fresh chives
Simply blend 1 cup of oil and 1/3 pound chives in a blender until smooth.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.