Arctic Char with Mushrooms
- 4 6 -ounce skinless arctic char fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, plus more for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 bunches arugula, trimmed
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the fish and sear until golden on the bottom and cooked halfway through, about 3 minutes. Flip onto a baking sheet and bake until cooked through, 3 to 5 more minutes.
Meanwhile, wipe out the skillet, return to medium-high heat and add the remaining 3 tablespoons oil. Add the mushrooms and cook, without stirring, until browned on one side, about 1 minute. Stir and cook until browned all over, about 3 more minutes. Add the shallots and cook until soft, stirring, about 2 minutes. Whisk in 2 tablespoons vinegar and the mustard and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the chives and parsley.
Per serving: Calories 376; Fat 19 g (Saturated 3 g); Cholesterol 80 mg; Sodium 399 mg; Carbohydrate 14 g; Fiber 1 g; Protein 38 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
More Recipes and Ideas:
Pan Roasted Arctic Char with Orange and Rosemary Beurre Blanc, Arctic Char with Tangerine-Habanero Glaze and Meyer Lemon Couscous Broth, Red Chile Rubbed Grilled Arctic Char, Easy Mexican, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Baked Chicken Recipes, Easy Roasting, Heart Healthy Recipes, Baked Salmon Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.