Blueberry Whole Wheat Muffins
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens
From Food Network Kitchens
We love the whole wheat pastry flour in this muffin. Lower in gluten that regular white flour, it ups the fiber and provides tenderness[.]
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup blueberries
- Turbinado sugar, optional, for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners.
Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. Whisk together the vegetable oil, sour cream, brown sugar, lemon zest, vanilla and eggs in another bowl. Fold the sour cream mixture into the flour mixture until just combined, and then fold in the blueberries (don't worry if there are a few lumps).
Divide evenly among the prepared muffin pan. Sprinkle with oats and turbinado sugar if using. Bake until the muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 24 minutes. Cool in the pan for a few minutes, and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.