Chicken Salad Rolls
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens
From Food Network Kitchens
Make this chicken salad the night before to let the flavors meld -- in the morning, all you have to do is assemble. This is sure to be one[ of your kid's (and your) top 5 lunch favorites.]
- 1 cup shredded, cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup "something crunchy" (celery, apple, radish, sweet pickle slices or a combo)
- "Something oniony," like 1 scallion or 1/4 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or plain yogurt
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 whole-wheat hot dog buns
Stir chicken, the "something crunchy," "something oniony," and mayonnaise or yogurt together until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. (This can be made the night before, and refrigerated.)
Evenly fill the hot dog buns with the salad mix. Wrap in parchment or butcher paper. Pack in a lunch sack with an ice pack and send off to school.
Cook's Note: Roasted turkey is great in these as well. Or, for adventurous eaters, make it curried: Stir 2 teaspoons curry powder, 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro and 1/4 cup golden raisins into the mix.
Copyright (c) 2008 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved
Thank you! your flag was submitted.