Chicken Tikka Masala
- 1 2 -inch piece ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (1 3/4 to 2 pounds), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 15 -ounce can no-salt-added crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Pulse the ginger, garlic, garam masala and 1/4 teaspoon each cayenne and salt in a food processor to make a paste. Toss the cauliflower, 1 tablespoon of the spice paste, 1 tablespoon water and a pinch of salt in a microwave-safe bowl; set aside. Add the tomato paste to the remaining spice paste; pulse, then transfer 1 tablespoon to a bowl. Add 1/2 cup yogurt, a pinch of salt and the chicken; toss to coat.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining tomato-spice mixture and cook, stirring, 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, 1 1/4 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon salt; bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, 15 to 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Put the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet and broil until almost cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Microwave the cauliflower, 10 to 12 minutes. Toss with the cilantro.
Whisk the remaining 1/4 cup yogurt into the skillet. Add the chicken; simmer until cooked through, 4 minutes. Serve with the cauliflower.
Photograph by Christopher Testani
More Recipes and Ideas:
Garam Masala Chicken Pot Pie, Smoky Grilled Chicken Wings with Pickled Red Chiles, Dates and Fresh Mint, Chicken Paillards with Tomato Sauce and Couscous, Thai Chicken Recipes, Chicken Chili Recipes, Teriyaki Recipes, Sesame Chicken Recipes, Healthy Snack Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.