Chinese Take-Out Snack Mix
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
From Food Network Kitchens
This savory and addictive snack is perfect not just for game day but for road trips too.
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal, such as Rice Chex (about 3 ounces)
- 3 cups dried snap peas (about 3 ounces)
- 2 cups crunchy chow mein noodles (about 4 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups roasted and salted almonds (about 7 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups sesame sticks (about 4 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups wasabi peas (about 6 ounces)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Toss the rice cereal, snap peas, chow mein noodles, almonds and sesame sticks together in a large bowl. Whisk the butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, five-spice, pepper flakes and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a separate bowl. Pour the sauce over the snack mix and toss to coat well. Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until the mix is toasted and almost completely dry, 16 to 18 minutes, tossing about halfway through.
Remove from the oven and stir in the wasabi peas. Let cool completely, and then store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Thank you! your flag was submitted.